WHAT IS ECSACOP
WHAT WE DO
- ECSACOP is a regional college (currently comprising Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) that seeks to contribute to the resolution of manpower shortages of physicians.
- ECSACOP is one of six constituent colleges of the ECSA College of Health Sciences which was established following a resolution passed at the 52nd Health Ministers Conference held in Harare, Zimbabwe 2010 (ECSA/HMC52/R9: Strengthening Partnerships for Health).
- ECSACOP was officially inaugurated in 2015 and has thus far held two scientific and annual general meetings in Zimbabwe (2016) and Uganda (2017).
- ECSACOP Award – the College awards Fellowship through instruction and examinations. Enrolled trainees participate in full-time instruction in approved training institutions.
- The Fellowship (Part 1) examination leads to admission into the final part of training. The Fellowship (Final) examination leads to the qualification of Fellow of the East Central and Southern Africa College of Physicians, FCP (ECSA).
- This qualification is recognition that the candidate has reached the level of knowledge and practice of internal medicine sufficient to practice independently at a consultant or specialist level.
|Fellowship location||Ecsacop accredited training sites|
|Type of Fellowship||Full-time|
|Year of Commencement||September 2018|
|Length of Fellowship||4 years|
|Award||Fellow of the East, Central and Southern Africa College of Physicians|
|Designation of Award||FCP (ECSA)|